Chicago Family-Based Immigration Attorneys

Are You a U.S. Citizen?

Our family-based immigration attorneys can help you with petitioning your family members so they can immigrate as quickly as possible.

If you are currently a citizen of the United States, you may have the option to petition for a visa for certain family members depending on your relationship to them, and the type of visa petitioned for.Petitions for Immediate Relative Visas are given the highest priority and generally have no waiting time for immigration.

Visas for immediate family members include:

  • - Spouses
  • - Parents
  • - Siblings
  • - Unmarried children under 21 years of age
  • Visa processing times for other family members can vary.

Chicago Immigration Advocates Law Offices is a full-service immigration law firm located in Chicago with over 30 years of seasoned experience with the United States immigration system in matters involving family, marriage, and fiance visas, in addition to:

  • - Immigrant visas for permanent resident status
  • - Green Cards - Adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident
  • - K-1 fiance visas
  • - Parole-in-Place - Available for spouses, children, and parents of United States military personnel
  • - Immigration Benefits - Applications for Employment Authorization Documents, Advance Parole, Reentry Permits, and other benefits
  • - P visas for artists, athletes, and entertainment groups
  • - Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence - A petition to remove your conditions on permanent resident status based on a joint filing for an existing marriage
  • - Form I-751 hardship and abuse waivers - Waiving of the joint filing requirement based on a terminated marriage, abuse, or hardship
  • - L-1A intra-company transferee visas
  • - VAWA Petitions -Self-petitions for victims of domestic violence under the Violence Against Women Act
  • - Form I-601 extreme hardship waivers - Waivers for grounds of inadmissibility including certain crimes, fraud or misrepresentation, and unlawful presence
  • - Form I-601A - Provisional waivers of inadmissibility for unlawful presence
  • - Form I-212 - Applications for permission to reapply for admission for those who were previously deported
  • - Motions and appeals to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and other government agencies

To learn more about our professional and personal immigration services, contact our law office and set up a time to meet with us in a consultation.

Schedule a Consultation Today