Experienced Chicago Removal Defense Immigration Lawyers
There are multiple reasons why a person may be facing removal or may be at risk for removal from the United States.
Deportation cases require urgent, knowledgeable action.
Removal proceedings are initiated by the issuance of a Notice to Appear (NTA). The Notice to Appear outlines the reasons why the government believes that the individual should be removed from the U.S.
While receiving a Notice to Appear in immigration court for removal proceedings can be stressful, there is still hope. The process may take months or years, and you may be entitled to a defense.
Some common reasons for deportation are as follows:
- - An arrest, charge, or conviction of a crime
- - Entering the U.S. without inspection
- - Marriage fraud
- - Non-compliance with the terms of a visa
- - Overstaying a visa
- - Providing false information or documentation in an immigration application
- - Violating a protective order
We have the experience needed to litigate all types of deportation cases, including:
- - Adjustment of status to permanent resident based on family and employment
- - Asylum, Withholding of Removal, and protection under the UN Convention Against Torture
- - Bond and detention hearings
- - Cancellation of removal for permanent residents and non-permanent residents
- - Form I-751 Petitions to remove conditions on permanent resident status
- - Hardship waivers of inadmissibility and removability for grounds including certain crimes and fraud/misrepresentation
- - Motions to Reopen, Reconsider, and Remand Immigration Court Cases
- - Prosecutorial Discretion and Administrative Closure
- - Temporary Protected Status
- - U visas for victims of certain crimes
To learn more about our professional and personal immigration services, contact our law office and set up a time to meet with us in a consultation.